It’s a good night for creativity’s many forms, Springfield, and you’ll find tonight’s shows are appropriately all over the map. At The Outland Ballroom you’ll find a feisty hard-rock show, singer-songwriter showcasing at Lindberg’s, less structured showcasing at The Outland and Dennis’ Place and more. Click through for the details.
Posts Tagged ‘jam’
Tonight it’s FM Productions‘ turn to take the wheel and put on the night’s big show: Hurt, Sick Puppies, Tunnels to Holland and The Veer Union at Remmingtons Downtown. The Shrine Mosque gets quiet show-wise in the summertime–it’s an old building and hard to keep cool–but FM occasionally will put on a show in another spot and keep the ball rolling. It should be rolling quite well tonight–a summertime Tuesday, mind you. No tumbleweeds rolling through town this year, that’s for sure. Be at Remmingtons early for the 7 p.m. door time; there should be a pretty good crowd for this one.
Tonight you’ll also find:
* BIG local hip hop show at The Blue Room at Billiards of Springfield: AcuMen, MC Tommy P of The Spacetones, SincerelyYours, Rhyme University (from Columbia, MO) and Roots Of Mankind. A lot of show for five bucks, eh? Starts at 9 p.m.
* Open Mic Night at The Outland
* Blues Jam at Dennis’ Place
It’s the perfect convergence of ideas. Imagine you’re in a reggae-influenced jam band, where every show you play is a new opportunity to throw a party with a room full of people dancing to your music. You’re also likely a prolific group when it comes to writing, as many reggae and reggae-influenced acts are. So if you have huge amounts of material you’re working on–some intended for release on an album, others more as an underground treat to share with fans–why not throw a CD release party for each? The Seed has decided to do just that, with parties coming April 3 for their long-anticipated studio album The Big Outside and July 31 for Homemade Dub: A Recipe For Disaster. Both shows will be at the Outland Ballroom; the first will have Seedlove from Kansas City and Jam Room as the opening acts, the second with Echo Movement. Expect a huge party for each, and a new CD to take home with you at the end of the night if you have a little extra cash handy.
It’s been one hell of a day, and we’re running more than a little late with this, so we’ll get straight to the point–the shows:
* Chords for Walkill, Washington Irving, Holstein and New Madrid at The Outland
* Members Only at The High Life Live Martini Lounge
* The Highest Priest and Laddie Lexxlou at The Outland Ballroom
* Super String Theory at Nathan P. Murphy’s
* The Shotgun Brothers at Patton Alley Pub