Is Courtney Love from Springfield, DeRosh? I don’t think so.
Perhaps Ms. Love–or Miss World, if you will–is not herself a native Springfieldian, but any woman with that kind of chutzpah and ability to influence a generations of “riot grrrl” rock chicks is welcome here as far as we’re concerned. Our suggestion: Put on your best baby doll dress, smear lipstick on your face liberally* and head out to some of the following shows:
* We do not necessarily suggest doing this if you’re a guy.
* Assembly Line Gods at Hot Topic inside Battlefield Mall. This acoustic set will get rolling at 5:30 p.m. and comes just after the online release of the band’s album, Shelter For My Enemy. Watch for a review in this virtual space posthaste.
* The Detectives and The BoogeyMen at The Outland
* Art Bentley at Roadhouse Saloon
* Gas Pump Talent at Ebbets Field
* The DJs of LemonDrop Records at The High Life Live Martini Lounge with guests O-Dogg & Kitty
* The Mosquito Banditos and The Reacharounds at Lindberg’s
* The Endangered Species at Dennis’ Place
* Eddie Gumucio at Patton Alley Pub
* Trash Angels at W.F. Cody’s South
* LFDC Funk at Nathan P. Murphy’s
Tags: art bentley, assembly line gods, battlefield mall, boogeymen, concerts, courtney love, demondrop records, dennis' place, detectives, Ebbet's Field, eddie gumucio, endangered species, four four, fourfour, gas pump talent, high life, hot topic, lindberg's, local, mosquito banditos, music, outland, patton alley pub, reacharounds, roadhouse, Shows, springfield, thefourfour.com, thursday, trash angels, w.f. cody's