We know the Cooter Brown/Bringers of the Dawn/Saracee show tonight at The Outland Ballroom will be a big show and a good one, but the truth is it is just one of several very good shows going on tonight. We lead with their show because, well, they provided a visual aid, and we like it. The flier depicts a man smashing himself in the head with a large bottle, and it’s remarkably well captured. Alright, enough flier talk. Cooter Brown, in our show-going experience, has really come into its own in recent months, and they team up with two solid groups with slightly experimental approaches to their music. It should make for a good expect-the-unexpected time.
Also happening tonight:
* Q102 Homegrown Acoustic at Qdoba Mexican Grill (Inside Battlefield Marketplace, 900 E. Battlefield), with Lyal Strickland, Iliana and Josh Stewart. It’s just the warmup round for the next Q102 Homegrown plugged-in show, but free chips and salsa, door prizes, cheap drinks AND quality singer-songwriter music is a good chill evening waiting to happen.
* The Seed at Tonic Ultralounge. Really. Not only is Tonic putting on live music in its club on Thursday nights now, it has snagged one of the best reggae-influenced acts around for tonight’s performance.
* The Detectives and The BoogeyMen at The Outland
* Gas Pump Talent at Ebbets Field
* Brother Wiley at Patton Alley Pub
* LemonDrop Records DJs at The High Life Live Martini Lounge
* Trash Angels at The Daily Pub
* Art Bentley at Roadhouse Saloon
* Adara at Lindberg’s
Tags: adara, art bentley, ballroom, boogeymen, bringers of the dawn, brother wiley, concerts, cooter brown, daily pub, detectives, djs, four four, fourfour, high life, june 25, lemondrop records, lindberg's, live, local, music, outland, patton alley pub, roadhouse, saracee, Shows, springfield, thefourfour.com, thursday, trash angels