Tonight marks the last concert at The Warehouse (728 W. Wall St.) for a while, we’re told, and those in charge of it are sending it on to hiatus in style. For the room’s goodbye-for-now sendoff, The Short Histories of Powerful Nations host their CD release show in the room with Falcon Punch, Colorado group runfasterscared, Jazzercise, Glass Bottom Boat Ride and Kudzu. Music begins at 9, but there will be a pre-show barbecue with the bands starting at 7. There is no official cover charge, but a donation is suggested for runfasterscared to help with the cost of their travel to and from Springfield.
Elsewhere in your music scene:
* Sounds on the Square on Park Central Square with Ultimate Evolution (5 p.m.), Electra 225 (6 p.m.), The Accordion Connection–with six accordions, seriously (7 p.m.), Le Grande Dames (8 p.m.), accordion player Lou LeBrun (8:30 p.m.) and Pelegrino School of Music group The Departed (9 p.m.)
* We just learned about this one: Some (repeat, some, and we have not been able to get confirmation as to which) members of The Ozark Mountain Daredevils will be playing at Bugsy Malone’s tonight. Apparently, Springfield Fire Chief Barry Rowell is holding his retirement party at the fireman-themed downtown spot from 8 to 10 p.m. and asked (some of) the Daredevils to play the party for him. They agreed, and though the chief’s party is private, Bugsy’s owner Wayna Dean tells us the band has agreed to keep playing after the doors open to the public at 10. Neat, eh?
* Tiffany Christopher and Reeling Gilly at Patton Alley Pub. TC will be performing with special guests Beto Moreno from St. Louis group Madahoochi and Tony Antonelli, formerly of The Schwag.
* The Cropdusters and Ghostdance at Lindberg’s
* Han Trio and Gas Pump Talent at The High Life Live Martini Lounge. Let’s talk Han Trio for a minute. We don’t habitually chat a lot about cover bands–the music speaks for itself, if you know what we mean–but this idea intrigues us. Shawn Eckels (guitar) and Reed Herron (bass) of Speakeasy team up with John Anderson of about a zillion bands (drums) to form a group playing nothing but songs from famous musical trios such as Cream, The Police, The Jimi Hendrix Experience and more. Suppose there’s any chance we’ll get to hear this song?
* Black Box Revue at The Outland
* Trash Angels at Roadhouse Saloon
* Punk night at The Outland Ballroom with The Results, The Reacharounds, The Dead Aheads and My Wasted Life
* Eddie’s Blues Train at Nathan P. Murphy’s
* Sama Lama at Dennis’ Place
* Vacation Tee Shirt at The Front Porch
Tags: cd, concert, falcon punch, four four, fourfour, friday, glass bottom boat ride, jazzercise, june 19, kudzu, live, local, music, release, runfasterscared, short histories of powerful nations, show, springfield, thefourfour.com, warehouse