Hmmm… It’s a rainy, cold-ish First Friday… Need something to cure the blahs… Hey, what’s Steve Ewing doing tonight? As luck would have it, the man who fronted The Urge in the ’90s and early ’00s is in town tonight to play The High Life Live Martini Lounge. Nothing like renditions of “Brainless,” “Open All Night” and more to jostle the masses awake.
Once you’re jostled, you’ll want to check out the shows we have for you after the break, too.
* Black Box Revue w/Woodhands at The Outland. It’s an ’80s theme party tonight, and you had damn well better show up in at least a headband.
* Board Of Governors, BringYourGreenHat and My Wasted Life at The Outland Ballroom. It’s the first show back in Springfield for the group formerly known as The Beautiful Losers since its lineup change (guitarist Trevor Hougardy is now also the lead singer), so come dig old tunes and new.
* Bottlefish at Lindberg’s. The band is fresh from The Studio, having just laid down some new tracks with local-music legend and sound engineer Lou Whitney. What are the odds we’ll hear never-before-heard songs on stage tonight?
* Do Tell & The Rumors on The Mystery Hour at Skinny Improv Theatre. They emerge! Also on the show are City Councilman Dan Chiles and SATO 48 Film Festival founders Jeff Clinkenbeard and Kyaw Tha Hla.
* Chance Ray Band at Dennis’ Place
* Roots Of Mankind and Sub Rosa at Nathan P. Murphy’s
* The Tall, Dark & Handsomes and Flat Earth Society at The Front Porch
* Los Angeles-based pianist and VH1 Save the Music artist Andy Frasco has his CD Release Party at Patton Alley Pub.
Tags: andy frasco, ballroom, beautiful losers, black box revue, board of governors, bottlefish, bring your green hat, bringyourgreenhat, bygh, cd release party, chance ray band, dennis' place, four four, fourfour, friday, high life, lindberg's, local, may 1, music, my wasted life, Nathan P. Murphy's, outland, patton alley pub, roots of mankind, save the music, springfield, steve ewing, sub rosa, the urge, thefourfour.com, vh1, woodhands